One convenience that we offer our clients at Exterior Worlds is the unbundling of services. For instance, you can hire us to perform garden services only. A garden services contract entails engaging us to perform the myriad upkeep of a sophisticated garden, excluding the maintenance and care of turf and lawn. This type of contract works well for our clients who already have a maintenance crew with whom they are pleased for the upkeep of the grass areas, but who do little—or cursory—care of the garden beds, bushes, trees and hardscapes.
Our philosophy is that a regular, well-executed landscape maintenance plan is the best way for you to protect your landscaping investment. Beautiful gardens provide you with a constant source of pleasure—the interplay of colors and textures, the mixing of light and shadow, the small wonders of nature that are attracted to gardens, such as butterflies, birds and dragonflies. Additionally, gardens can be quite practical. When it comes time to sell your home, a lovely landscape makes your house stand out from the street level, giving you an advantage over other houses in your market.
After spending the time and money on your landscape design and installation, it only makes sense to protect it and make sure it develops as planned. And that’s where a garden services maintenance program such as we offer comes in. We provide the level of intricate care that a multi-layered garden needs and deserves. Combining our garden services with a pre-existing turf crew is cost-effective and makes the best use of your time.
A short list of our garden services includes:
- Trim shrubs and ground covers. We work diligently to maintain the original intent of the landscape design.
- Prune annual flowers to maximize the bloom cycle.
- Train vines, roses and other climbing cultivars on garden arches, garden arbors and trellises.
- Pull weeds, as needed.
- Mulch. It is important not to put too much mulch on the base of plants. It is terrible for the plants. Unfortunately, it is a common problem that we often have to remedy for new clients.
- Fertilize and feed. For a Houston landscape, flowers need to be fertilized every six weeks.
- Treat for fungus, weeds and insects. Fungicides and insecticides are applied two to four times per year. Exterior Worlds is licensed by the Texas Structural Pest Control Board, License # 12015. (Texas Structural Pest Control Board, P.O. Box 1927, Austin, TX 78767-1927. 512-305-8250.)
- Cover plants in advance of freezes.
Comprehensive landscape services are our specialties. Exterior Worlds is a high-end full service landscape design and maintenance firm, in business in Houston since 1987. We put all our years of experience into each design project and each landscape maintenance contract. Our residential clients live in the Memorial Villages, including Piney Point Village, Hunter Creek Village, Bunker Hill Village and Hedwig Village, Tanglewood, River Oaks, West University,Bellaire, and other communities in the greater Houston area.
We specialize in delivering unique, personalized services while creating landscapes and gardens filled with natural warmth and hospitality.
Call us at 713-827-2255 to discuss your landscaping needs.